I go left, I go right, I go left
Just when I think I've found my path
I'm left crying, shaking and bereft.
The others, they've all found their mates
They're all hugging and kissing and doing their bills
While I'm here and I'm solo again and again
With my kid and my cat and anxiety pills.
Sometimes I look over the men in my past
One was funny, one gentle and that one rubbed feet
If I could only take what I wanted and discard the rest
I could make a true form of who I need to meet.
I'm told that I need to come to terms with the fact
That I first must love myself before love will come to me
But I've loved myself for many years now
Sorry -- loving myself is just not the key.
Detours sprinkle my life
The others, they've all found their mates
They're all hugging and kissing and doing their bills
While I'm here and I'm solo again and again
With my kid and my cat and anxiety pills.
Sometimes I look over the men in my past
One was funny, one gentle and that one rubbed feet
If I could only take what I wanted and discard the rest
I could make a true form of who I need to meet.
I'm told that I need to come to terms with the fact
That I first must love myself before love will come to me
But I've loved myself for many years now
Sorry -- loving myself is just not the key.
Detours sprinkle my life
I go left, I go right, I go left
Just when I think I've found my path
I'm left crying, shaking and bereft.
NGS? Yes, please.

No comments:
Post a Comment