Saturday, February 7, 2015

9.7: Do -- Gallery Hop

All the hipsters are there, so you know that it's true
They're smoking their cigarettes 'cause they're cooler than you.
With ma in her kerchief and GMF in his cap
Us old folk will mingle instead of nap.

We find parking at least twenty-two blocks away
And we walk to the Hop for about half a day
I point out a cute house and later, we find
That's the place where the hipsters go pee (just behind).

A comic book store is our very first stop, past the stoners
It's overpriced but I manage to flirt with the owners.
Next we move on to a sort-of thrift store
There's clothing there, but there's also much more.

We go down to the basement and try on some hats
GMF finds himself some assless chaps
I see plaid coats and dresses with flowers galore
We are kicked out at 10 but I'll be back to that store.

I don't remember all of the stores we went in
I do remember I saw a weird huge-penis pin.
We walked hand-in-hand and made fun of other folk
Because that's what we do -- we turn everything into a joke.



Hey, NGS, the next time you come visit, we're going to that thrift store, ok? 





1 comment:

  1. Yes, I want to go there. I wish the scientist people would invent that teleportation machine already!

    ReplyDelete