Saturday, March 14, 2015

10.14: Reach -- Dogs

It's been a long process to find a dog. We put Ruckus down in the fall, and I wanted until it was warm to get a puppy. Once I decided that it was time to get a dog, I had to decide if I wanted a purebred from a breeder or a puppy from the pound. Once I decided on a pound dog, I had to decide on age and breed and whether or not I wanted a Humane Society dog or a specific type of rescue or a dog from another place in Ohio.

And then, like it's supposed to happen, the perfect dog found me.

Err... dogs.

I walked out of a chance breakfast at my favorite breakfast place. We always go there super, super early, but today we were there at 10. And at the dog place next door, there was a pit bull rescue. Out in front were three dogs - a pretty adult female and two adorable lab/pit mix puppies.

SC and New Boyfriend and I played with the puppies and talked to the people there. It took a while, but I decided that these dogs -- both of the puppies -- were the dogs for me. They are loving and sweet and calm. Two dogs may be a reach, but I think they're a reach that I'll be happy that I took.

I went through the process, and by tonight, we have the two puppies in our home. It's work, but they are so worth it. The hardest part is going to be putting them in their crate tonight and not letting them cuddle up on the bed with me.

I may let them sleep with me. We'll see.


NGS is already in love with them. 


No comments:

Post a Comment