Sunday, March 15, 2015

10.15: Inertia -- Naming

The naming process for the new puppies wasn't as painful as one would think. When I was just getting one dog, I really wanted to name her "Scylla". I think that's a pretty awesome name. There's a literary element to it, plus a mythological story behind it, plus it's a huge monster. But I wasn't against entertaining other names.

For a while, SC and I played with female superhero names. We liked "Rogue". Then I thought of the name "Peaches" last night, talking to New Boyfriend. So today, SC and I made a list of names that we liked. We looked on a website but we also came up with some of our own.

This list came in handy when we ended up with TWO puppies. The female became "Harper", from To Kill a Mockingbird fame. New Boyfriend also mentioned that the name echoed "Roy Harper", who becomes Red Arrow on the television show Arrow.

The male was a bit more difficult, but we eventually named him Sherlock. Although this was literary as well, it's really because I'm in love with the BBC television series.

I wanted to make sure that I didn't end up with the same old names that I always do, and I did not, so that was successful! Yay!


NGS is spooky like Scylla. 

No comments:

Post a Comment