Wednesday, March 18, 2015

10.18: Memories - The day that Gina ate the cereal

Back around 2000, my friend Gina lived in Bowling Green with me. She didn't know many people beside me, so I took it upon myself to introduce her to my friends. One day, Gina and I were driving home from somewhere, and we were going to pass by my friend Larry's apartment. We decided to stop, because Gina had never met Larry before and I wanted to introduce them.

When we went into the apartment. I introduced them. We stood in Larry's tiny little kitchen and talked. I have no idea what we talked about, but I do remember that Gina just randomly, casually, opened up a cupboard, found a box of cereal, pulled it out and started eating cereal out of the box.

This was at someone's house whom she had never met before.

I don't know how to express how hilarious this was to me. I would never go into some random stranger's house and open up a cupboard and start munching.

Honestly, I remember nothing else from that day. All I remember is Gina eating cereal. I don't think Larry even reacted in a normal way. He just nodded like it was normal -- but that's Larry.

Gina's in Seattle now, and I have many more random stories about her that are funny to not many more people besides her and I. Still, that one is the best.


It's tough thinking of memories which don't involve NGS. 

No comments:

Post a Comment