Thursday, March 19, 2015

10.19: My Best Friend -- Thelma and Louise

Sometimes, it's difficult for me to remember entire memories.

I know that sounds odd, but I think that my long-term memory was affected by the brain surgery. Or maybe I'm just not smart in that area. Whatever the reason, I can only remember flashes, or tiny parts, of most of my life.

When I think back over the past twenty years, the most important things to me give me the most dominant impressions. A lot of times, a person is associated, not with a single memory (or a collection of memories) but with a feeling.

NGS's memories all come back to the same thing -- love, laughter and support.

I remember walking next to her in college, and her laughing at me, because I do this little skip-hop to catch up to her since my legs are short and hers are long.

I remember our one and only fight, and we both randomly made up at the same time by bringing each other presents.

I remember the first time she met my dog, Cookieparker. Cookie loved her from the start.

I don't have anyone else whose memories all have the exact same theme. Everyone else is mixed with positive and negative -- or I've forgotten them at all. I can barely remember most of my marriage to my ex-husband. I hardly remember dating ex-boyfriend for the first year or two. I know things happened, but I don't have concrete memories of them. I could never write a memoir.

She's pretty awesome, NGS. And apparently, my brain thinks so, too. Woot!


NGS rawks. 

1 comment: