Saturday, April 18, 2015

11.18: FAVORITE memories -- Jump Little Children

Back in the late '90's, I started to listen to a band called Jump Little Children. They were super awesome and from the South and they somehow knew my online friend Leo. They were a great band but didn't come up to the North very much, so when they scheduled a show in Ann Arbor, Michigan (only an hour or so from my college), my friends Gina, Ash and I bought tickets right away.

When we got to the show (at a place called the Blind Pig, which caused us to pantomime fat people who couldn't see), it wasn't very crowded. We felt bad, because they were such a great band and it wasn't their fault that nobody knew them up here. We were just lucky 'cause we knew Leo. We decided that we would sing along to every lyric so that they knew that they had fans down here.

So, the concert started, and we were right up front. I tried to make eye contact with them so that one of them would fall in love with me and take me away from the cold, cold state that I lived in, but that did not happen. They smiled at us, though -- Gina with her red hair and me with my boobs and Ash with his infectious smile, just singing our little hearts out.

At some point, we became aware that someone in the band had a cousin who went to the U of M, which is why they were playing up here. His cousin and his cousin's friends were dancing and singing their hearts out, too. We were being beaten! So we all screamed at a break in between the sets, WE KNOW LEO!!!! Then we smiled and pointed to ourselves.

The guys on the stage were actually kind of excited. They knew who we were talking about. After that, they obviously liked us the best.

I'm kidding. They nodded and smiled at the word "Leo".

I miss going to concerts, but they're not as fun anymore, now that I'm old. But I did enjoy that one!



Hey, NGS, I made that music note. I bet you couldn't tell. 

No comments:

Post a Comment