I barely knew her -- and I didn't think she liked me -- but she would still diligently send me letters in the summer.
As we become closer friends, I would notice how she sent mail to everyone. Grandmas and aunts and friends from high school and her old neighbor and some kid from Haiti. I'm exaggerating, but wow. She was the mail queen.
Now that we live apart, I'm one of the recipients of all that mail love. She sends cards and presents and other little things. I send them back, of course. I actually sent TWO things this week. I was on a role. Of course, one of the packages I sent her, I've been gathering since December, but that's okay. She liked it when she got it.
It's more than the presents and the cards. I love getting mail, but it's more than that, too. It's seeing that someone thought enough of me to take the time to send me something.
NGS is such a great person. She's thoughtful and loving and wise. I don't do well with constructive criticism, but from her, I don't mind it. She really is the best!
This is the latest gift that I sent NGS, because now *I* send back, too.

No comments:
Post a Comment