Wednesday, May 13, 2015

12.13: Happy -- Precariously happy...

I am happy, though nothing is how I expected it to be.

"I had to stop looking," says best friend. "And that's when I met BB, who had to work for it, because I was about done."

Maybe that's it. I'm not sure.

But I do know that I enjoy that school is almost done, and I enjoy the company of students, and I love my puppies who are assholes and will be the death of me, and I like hanging out with new friends. I have really awesome plans for this summer and I like where I live and I'm not constantly terrified. I've gotten past the sorrow from what I thought was my "final, this-is-it" relationship ending.

I can look back at myself from a year ago and feel so, so sorry for what she's going to have to go through in the next year. But I got through it. Am I stronger? Meh. Probably. Am I happier? I don't know. Maybe.

I'm alive, though. I still have NGS and SC and I picked up some puppies and some new people along the way.

I just hope that next May, I don't look back at ME from 2015 and think "Oh, if that poor girl only knew..."


NGS and I never have to write about being HAPPY again (although I hope we do). 






No comments:

Post a Comment