Saturday, May 30, 2015

12.30: Contemplate -- This last year of blog posts

Even though I annoyed my friend Lowell in New Orleans because I took pictures of EVERYTHING, and even though I had to write about "sky" AND "the great outdoors" 12 times, and even though I figured out that the only things I really write about are school, my kid, my dogs and being scared of my ex-husband, I really have enjoyed these 12 months of writing every day.

After tomorrow, the year will be over. NGS is planning on showing a collage of pictures every day which showcase the different pictures in the different themes for the month. I may attempt to do this, but I wouldn't hold your breath. All the pictures are not organized in one area on my computer (maybe the last 6 months' worth are), and I don't know how much I want to go digging, post-by-post. 

I'd like to keep writing every day, though, but I'm not sure what format it should take. I don't want to take a picture or have pre-set topics. I guess I'll just write and see what happens. I look back at my posts from 2012, and they are random but they're from my heart. I'm proud of them. I'm proud of my writing and my word choice. In these 365 ones, I'm okay with them... but they're not my best work.

I've also considered finishing up the 40-word descriptions that I started a while ago. NGS did them, all 365 of them, and hers are beautiful. I've met many new people since then, and changed my opinion on others, so that would be a fun task.

Sometimes, I'll mention to my Creative Writing students that I write every day, and they are astounded by this fact. My dude in Ecuador doesn't know how I find time to do it, either. And sometimes, I had to write a few posts in one day for this last year, but for the most part, I found the time. 

Apparently, this is what I do instead of work out or make money. So there's that.



NGS and I never have to write about contemplate again! 

No comments:

Post a Comment