Sunday, May 31, 2015

12.31: Guilty Pleasures -- Summertime

This summer, I'm celebrating me.

Oh, I'm doing things with the kid, and I'm visiting friends and being social and all, but I need some pampering. 

So I have piles of books from the library, and I'm actually allowing myself time to read. I'm watching Netflix things that *I* want to watch -- I've finished House of Cards and I've almost finished Sherlock (just waiting on B to watch that last one with me)  and I watched all of Kimmy Schmidt. In June, the new Orange is the New Black will be out. 

I'm training the puppies and playing outside. I've applied for permission to get to Canada. In the past, I didn't want to allow myself time for anything because I felt that it was my job to entertain SC and prepare him for the upcoming school year. But honestly, he's so far ahead in academics, what he needs now is to play with other kids, and so he gets that when he's outside with the neighbor kids or playing with his cousin. So, in a way, doing things for myself is a guilty pleasure -- and in another way, it's really what I deserve.

If certain people don't go back on their words, SC will be with his stepdad two days a week starting in July, so maybe I will get more time on my own. But even if he doesn't, he has a few camps to go to later this summer, and I feel like he's finally old enough for us to coexist in a way that means I can actually have some fun, too.

That shouldn't be a guilty pleasure. But it is. 


Go see NGS's final post. 




No comments:

Post a Comment