He's become a good friend, although I have no wish to be inserted into the mix of people. We have coffee and I ask him pointed questions and he laughs and challenges my beliefs.
There's nothing wrong with it, but I can't make one relationship last. How am I going to juggle a whole series of relationships? That's just complicated beyond what I can handle.
I don't think that one person only has to love one other person. I mean, I don't even know that I believe in romantic love. I think there's just regular love and then you could add sex. And you could add sex with one person or three people or eight people, as long as you're safe.
At the same time, the ex and I didn't have sex for years, and that ruined how close we were. It was the main fulcrum that spun to ruin what we had.
I'm interested in the different mixtures of relationships one could be involved in. One person and one person. One person and a couple, in a triad. One person who is committed and dates someone who is committed and dates someone and... you know. It continues on.
I think most people can't handle this and would get hurt, eventually.
On the other hand, maybe this is the perfect situation. Maybe it's the best of both worlds.
Maybe I'll get hurt, but for now, it's fun to play with fire.
NGS and I will never again have to have fun!

No comments:
Post a Comment