One of the things I love about this district is the arts education that students are given. SC has experienced all kinds of music and creative arts. He has some talent in both of them. And every year, the school hosts an art show, and each student has something in it, and you can go and do crafts and walk around and look at the art.
So last week, we went to the art show. We walked around, and SC showed us his drawing of a person flying. He did some art projects and then ran off with his crush, and I wandered around with BJ and looked at random art things.
I got a chance to sit in the main gathering area for a bit and watch the dozens of kids and parents wandering around, the parents in business suits and fancy dresses, the kids in designer clothes and shoes. I sometimes feel out of place in this district of money and power. I don't think that SC does, though, so although I'm not going to befriend a mother and have a playdate at my humble abode, I am very happy that he gets to benefit from the fact that I teach there and he gets to go there.
And plus, I don't have to pay for art for my walls. SC has me covered.
NGS and I will never have to write about "PLACE" again!

No comments:
Post a Comment