NGS and I have very different entertainment styles, so if you came over here from her blog, be ready to be shocked. SHOCKED. I am an English teacher, but I find it so hard to read for pleasure anymore. I read all day long. Seriously. I teach two Creative Writing classes, where they (you guessed it!) WRITE every day, and I read that writing and comment on it and everything. And I teach one senior class, and they write (although less frequently, although they're preparing to synthesize all the spooky things we've been ready to go with Frankenstein these last two months). And I teach three freshmen classes, and those children need to write all the time or they'll just forgot how to do so. And THEN, with the seniors and freshmen, I read their drafts and conference with them. And if I DO get a chance to read something, it's usually some kind of young adult lit (which I love, though) and I'm reading it to see if it would be something that would draw in my students. Oy vey.
Kids, I know it sounds like it would be cool to be an English teacher. I know we make the big bucks and we wear cool clothes and we're all dating Pete Davidson. But the downside is that you will kind of not like writing anymore if you see it all the time. It's why I will never date a gynecologist. Go home and do something DIFFERENT.
Anyway, after that uplifting introduction, I'm here to tell you about how much I love Netflix. And HBO Max. And Amazon Prime Video. And, to a lesser extent, Disney Plus and Hulu and even YouTubeTV. It's not EVERY show on every one of these streaming services. I go through phases. I might spend a week watching the entire first season of Wednesday (A-, for real) and then flip over to Abbot Elementary (C+, but they're trying) and then end the week with an episode of The Closer (A for some episodes, C for others, but always a solid performance by Kyra Sedgwick) that I've seen 18 times and don't have to actually pay attention to. I think, at this ripe old age, that my brain is just mush at the end of the day, and I don't have the mental ability to actually read a book. Or, like, walk around. Or stay awake.
And, while we're at it, I also love Tik-Tok. Not all of Tik-Tok, but enough. We'll get to that in another post.
Anyway, I think I have strep throat and my head is pounding so much that I'm not even going to flip on the television. I'm just going to drink my coffee and hang out with Sherlock and maybe pre-write my blog for tomorrow so that I don't get a "I DON'T SEE YOUR POST" text message at 8 in the morning tomorrow.

No comments:
Post a Comment