I've decided to address this blog as though I am writing to a crowd of loyal, loving fans. Is this true? Not at all. But it makes it more funny in my head, so that's what we are doing. Rule #1: Always amuse me. (This brings up a point. What is my name on this blog? My name is NOT Lisa Collins on the other blog that I never write on. I think it's Yes, Anastasia on this one.)
Anyway, the word of the 3rd is "direction", and I would like to say that, for today, I am absolutely not moving in any real direction. I was diagnosed yesterday afternoon with pneumonia and bronchitis and I am on a bevvy of drugs that are working, I suppose, but that don't really do anything for the symptoms, and I can't take the cheap, bright over-the-counter drugs that mask the symptoms because they counteract with the real ones that I am taking, so I'm just a mess of ick. But this morning, I had promised a co-worker that I would give the ACT, and I'm the extended-time, small-room person so I figured I wouldn't have to talk too much, so I masked up and took the medicine and drove out there. And it was fine, but by the end, I was actually dripping sweat from just sitting there (and occasionally running upstairs to my classroom to switch out Romeo and Juliet packets that I was grading). So I stopped to grab some food, called NGS on the hands-free link, and she entertained me by talking about the Idaho murders, and then I went home and said hi to the kid and then curled up and slept all afternoon.
When I woke up at 4 or 5, I took more medicine and then, before I could get weak again, cleaned my dining room up REALLY quickly, because tomorrow is when we are putting up the holiday decorations. I actually dislike the whole idea of Christmas, and I have for many years and it's just worse now that my parents are dead, but I do take a bit of enjoyment from getting really fucked-up ornaments and making my tree a strange mixture of Things from When my kid was a small child and Things that are Ridiculously Odd, so that's tomorrow. Plus two tutoring sessions. Wheeee.
I think that's all I have to say for today, loyal fan(s), and I need to think of a picture to put up here, but otherwise, this post had about as much direction as my life, and that's kind of sad.
No comments:
Post a Comment