Facts that I know about Mirrors:
1. I don't know if you've ever tried to shop for mirrors online in a buy/sell site, but it is very hard for a normal person to take an actual picture of the mirror that they are selling. Often, they'll capture their own reflection in the picture (occasionally with hilarious results). Sometimes they'll get the angle down but then they'll show their messy bedroom in the picture. Other times, the middle of the mirror will just be one giant flash and it obscures what's around it. Not many people actually purchase mirrors from online sites because they can't really see what they are buying.
2. We had a lot of mirrors in my house growing up, and my mom always had some sort of spooky story attached to the ones from her family. They were usually about dead people's reflections appearing in the mirror. I can safely say that, although I spent the first year or so after my parents died looking, I have not seen their reflection in any mirror.
3. Those really close-up facial mirrors that you're supposed to use for makeup or plucking hairs or whatever? Evil. I refuse.
4. I look a lot sexier in a mirror than I do in an actual photograph. I also look a lot sexier in the little window when you're on a FaceTime call. I spend 85% of the time that I am on FaceTime staring at my picture. I love it. Rawr.
5. In ancient times, people used to carry around a little container of water that they could use to look at themselves. It was the first mirror.
6. I just looked up "facts about mirrors" and I read that you can hallucinate by turning off the lights just enough to see your face in a mirror and concentrating on your face for 10 minutes. I can't concentrate on anything for more than 30 seconds, so I'm out on that one. If you try it, let me know.
That's all I've got, pumpkins.
No comments:
Post a Comment