I think there have to be aliens, right? I don't know if they've made contact or not, but with the vastness of the universe, there's really no way that there's not. I like this thought. I like that there are probably words that interact with other worlds the way that we take a quick trip to the next town over, and that the creatures there are absolutely nothing like the creatures here. We might not even be able to fathom what they are or how they live.
I wonder if they've made up the idea of religion, too?
This summer, NASA released the first Webb telescope images, and what was found in them makes me so incredibly delighted. Countless galaxies are reflected in a size of a grain of sand. The mathematical extrapolation of this idea boggles the mind. How many worlds are out there?
Of course, this is technically an image from over 4 billion years ago, so it's entirely possible that everything is gone. Maybe we're the last remaining planet with life. But I doubt it. I don't actually know how to do percentages, but if even a half percent of those galaxies still had life on them, that would be... a whole hell of a lot of life.
This pushes me to a perspective that I've never really had before. I am not as important as everyone seems to think that I am. (I'm kidding! I'm kidding!) But I'm not that important in the grand scheme of things. I suppose this could send some people into a fit of horror at being so inconsequential, but I know that I make positive change in those who I make contact with.
Also, how lucky am I that I got to meet NGS? She could have been placed on a planet a bazillion miles away.
Maybe, by the time I finish this year of writing, some alien civilization will have made contact.
No comments:
Post a Comment