Tuesday, December 2, 2014

7.2: Animals -- Hunting

I try to stay away from the controversial. I'm just not that kind of person. I'd rather hint around at certain areas, pointing out that different people have other perspectives than I do, and that's okay.

But, dammit, I can't stand hunting.

You can go ahead and tell me about how it thins out populations of animals. You can explain that people eat the food that they kill. You can point out that it's sport, or that it brings people together. I don't know. I'm sure there are dozens of arguments for hunting. I don't care.

A person is still using a weapon to kill an animal.

It's not like the animal was trying to harm you. It's not as though you were starving and this was the only way you could feed your family. You apparently think it's fun to point a gun (or a bow) at a gentle creature and shoot. And then it's a jolly great time to gather the body and do whatever with it.

It's gross. And it's part of some cultures and it used to be a requirement for living, but I just don't care. I hate it.

And don't get me started on big game hunters. If I ever meet someone who has hunted a rhino, I will hunt them down, General Zaroff-style.




No comments:

Post a Comment