Back in college, in my younger days
NGS and I had a lip-synching craze
We'd put motions to songs and perform them at will
If you ask us to show you them, we'll do it still.
We'd pick songs that NGS knew; most of them were old
(NGS listens to odd music, if the truth be told)
Some of them were Bon Jovi -- Love for Sale was good luck
We'd also perform Piano Man while driving in her truck.
Our masterpiece was special; we'd perform to loud acclaim
We knew every word from that artist -- Don McLean was his name
I don't remember how we made up our wonderful routine
I do know that our motions melded like a dream.
The movements were sometimes sexual, sometimes silly, sometimes sad
(We probably toned it down when we performed for my mom and dad)
When we spun and danced and played, we'd look you right in the eye
The song that we performed to was called American Pie.
It spans for many minutes; the count is 8 and 33
If you study all the lyrics, it's symbolic, as you can see
We held our hearts when McLean said "I know that you're in love with him"
and shook our butts when he followed with, "'Cause I saw you dancin' in the gym"
If you ever have the chance to hang out with NGS and me
Remember that there's something that you really have to see.
Just ask us to perform and cue the song up loud
You may want to have some snacks on hand, 'cause MAN we draw a crowd.
What did NGS write about MEEEE???

I'm going to have that stupid song in my head for days now. Thanks, Obama!
ReplyDelete