Tuesday, May 19, 2015

12.19: My Best Friend

I've written this whole year for her, even though I also write it for myself, and I write it for B, 'cause he reads it, too. But it's really for her, and it's really a way for us to connect across the miles.

There are little to no reasons for us to still be as close as we are, but we are. We live different lives in different places, have slightly different values and wear different kinds of clothes. But we love and laugh and hurt together, and we comfort one another when there is no other comfort left to be found.

There's always someone on my side; even if I'm in the wrong, she chides me and then still finds reasons to point out how I'm awesome.

I've never been through a break-up where she wasn't strongly against my ex.

And boyfriends know; love me, deal with NGS. She is like my bodyguard. Don't fuck with her.

Even my super-Republican dad calls her "the liberal" and accepts her as part of our family.

(I do think my mom is pretty sure she turned me atheist, however).

I teach her awful, repetitive song lyrics and, in turn, she laughs at my jokes. It is a match made in heaven.

I'm glad she stopped ignoring me in freshman year of college!


I would be happy to always write about NGS. 



1 comment:

  1. I wouldn't know any songs that were released after 1997 if it were not for you. I don't usually know the real words to those songs, but I feel in step with with the young people because of you. That's why were friends. I'm in it for the popular culture relevance.

    ReplyDelete