Thursday, May 21, 2015

12.21: Laughter -- Kids

I'm not all that much older than many of my friends and colleagues, but I had my kid a few years ago, and many of them are just popping their kids out now. This means that, although I still get the itch for one more baby from time to time (I figure that I can raise the kid on my own; that's what I did with SC , and it worked out fine), my baby urges are pretty well contained after a visit with some of my friends' kids.

There are two, though, that I am absolutely in love with. The first is my friend Audrey's youngest. He's less than a year old, and I've even nicknamed him. He (and his sweet and adorable older brother and sister) came in to visit on Wednesday, and I got to hold him and make him laugh and change his diaper. He's a heavy, solid little thing and I could cuddle him for hours.


The other is my co-teacher Katie's little one. I've been hanging out with her since she was in her mama's tummy. I love that little one. I buy her clothes constantly. She can talk now, and she even says my name in this little chirp. We snuck around the cafeteria today, running around and around tables after each other, hysterically laughing. If everything works out, she will marry SC someday. 


I'm not really understand the obsession with the red glasses that were left in my classroom this fall, but they make for cute pictures of my kids.

Baby fix has been filled up for the next few weeks! Yeah!

NGS and I never have to write about laughter again. 


No comments:

Post a Comment