Sunday, May 3, 2015

12.3: Think -- Prom

Last night, I chaperoned our school prom. I'm actually in charge of prom next year, so it was important that I went and saw what goes into the whole thing. Really, though, I go to see my students all dressed up. There was one girl wearing an amazing blue dress with a hoop skirt. It must have cost $1000. For a moment, I wondered if we could get hoop skirts to come back into style, and then I could just wear a regular skirt, but my hips would make me look stylish.

I took pictures with students, laughed with coworkers, and took charge of a spreadsheet that allowed us to see who had purchased a ticket and checked in, and who skipped the prom all together. I drank a slushie that was delicious but would have tasted better with vodka (and would have been more useful). I helped my 10th graders (who will be in charge of prom next year) pass out prom favors. At the end of the night, I drove home and hung out with a friend. It was not something that I was looking forward to -- I was kind of in a depressive funk --- but it wasn't all that bad.

Still, I'll be happy when I'm done going to these damn things.


This is the last time that NGS and I will write about anything we thought about. Forever. 

No comments:

Post a Comment